Thomas E. Towe
Mr. Towe is BV® Distinguished Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® for his professionalism and ethics.
- Montana, 1962
- U.S. Court of Military Appeals, 1963
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit, 1965
- U.S. Claims Court, 1965
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1965
- U.S. District Court, District of Montana, 1967
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 1974
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit, 1976
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit, 2002
- Crow Tribal Court, 2002
- Fort Peck Tribal Court, 2002
- Northern Cheyenne Tribal Court, 2002
- University of Montana, LL.B., with honors, 1962
- Georgetown University, LL.M., 1965
- University of Michigan, SJD, candidate
- JAGC Army, 1959-1962, Capt.
Associations and memberships
- Yellowstone County Bar Association
- State Bar of Montana (Member, Federal Court Section)
- MDL 1206 – Oil Royalty Litigation, Citigroup, Inc.
- MDL 1354 – Capital Accumulation Plan Litigation
- Marceau v. Blackfeet Housing Authority, 2008 WL 3876575 (9th Cir.)
- “Personal Jurisdiction Over Non-Residents & Montana’s New Rule 4B,” Montana Law Review, 1962
- “Unavoidable Accident Instruction Held Reversible Error in Negligence Actions,” Chapter in Book edited by Melvin Belli, 1962
- “Criminal Pre-Trial Procedure in France,” Tulane Law Review, 1964
- “Fundamental Rights in the Soviet Union: A Comparative Approach,” Pennsylvania Law Review, 1967
- “Natural Law and the Ninth Amendment,” Pepperdine Law Review, 1975
- “A Growing Awareness of Privacy in America,” Montana Law Review, 1976
- “Truth and Individual Rights: A Comparison of United States and French Pre-Trial Procedures,” American Criminal Law Quarterly, 1974. (Co-author)
Towe, Ball, Mackey, Sommerfeld & Gosch, serves clients in Billings and throughout Montana.